Who We Are
A federation of unions in Missouri that are affiliated with the national American Federation of Labor – Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). This includes AFL-CIO Central Labor Councils as well as local unions, trade union associations, committees, councils, districts and regional groups whose parent organizations are also affiliated with the national AFL-CIO.
What We Do
- Lobby local, state and federal legislators and representatives on behalf of union members and their families.
- Work toward the election of candidates who support issues important to working families.
How We Do It
- Encourage union members and their families to vote.
- Educate members on the voting records of candidates for public office and their positions on issues important to working families.
- Encourage union members to volunteer assistance to endorsed candidates’ campaigns.
- Educate, encourage and support working people in exercising their right to organize a union where they work.
- Implement the programs of the national AFL-CIO at the state level.
- Promote equality in the workplace as well as in every aspect of society through:
- Collective Bargaining
- Legislative Initiatives
- Community Service Programs
- Support of public education and the inclusion of a labor education curricula in Missouri classrooms.