Skip to main content

Helpful Resources

Social share icons

Missouri Job Centers

The state’s network of job centers, a proud partner of the American Job Center Network, will provide resume assistance, interviewing skills, career counseling, and job search assistance. As a dislocated worker, you will be able to attend skill enhancement workshops and apply for training through local colleges, including technical schools, at no cost to you. 

For more information and to find a job center near you, please visit or call 1-888-728-JOBS (5627) and it will ring at your nearest Job Center. 

Missouri Department of Labor - Division of Employment Security

One of the more frequently accessed resources for unemployed workers is unemployment.  

For more information and to determine whether you qualify for unemployment benefits, please visit To file for unemployment, visit Applicants will also be required to register at upon filing for unemployment. 

Video tutorial to file for unemployment via UInteract.

Items you will need to file an unemployment claim:

  • Social Security Number

  • Total earnings for the week

  • Name, address, and dates of past employment

  • Banking information, including routing and account numbers

Missouri Department of Social Services 

The state of Missouri offers a variety of benefits and protections to individuals and families in need of additional support. For more information about available benefits, please visit

Health Insurance 

If you have lost your health insurance as the result of a layoff, there are resources available to protect access to adequate coverage.

COBRA coverage - Employers are required to offer dislocated workers and their families the opportunity to continue their job-based health insurance coverage, with the family responsible for paying the premium. COBRA coverage is very expensive, so remember, if you have a sick child or spouse you can consider just enrolling one person into the COBRA plan reducing your cost. 

 For more information about COBRA, visit

 Other group health coverage - If group coverage is available (for example, through a spouse’s employment-based plan), special enrollment in that plan should be considered. It allows the individual and his/her family an opportunity to enroll in a plan for which they are otherwise eligible, regardless of open enrollment periods. To qualify, enrollment must be requested within 30 days of losing eligibility for other coverage. After special enrollment is requested, coverage must be effective no later than the first day of the month following your request for enrollment.

Subsidized coverage - A good starting point is to visit to learn more about comprehensive health coverage that may be available to you.

Medicaid - To find out whether you qualify for Medicaid, visit or call 1-855-FSD-INFO (1-855-373-4636) to speak with a customer service representative. 

United Way

For a referral to community social service resources, call 2-1-1 and you will be connected to a trained resource specialist 24/7. You can also visit for more information.

Informational Resources

Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development

Map of Missouri Job Centers

Find a Missouri Job Center

Missouri Workforce Development Board

U.S. Department of Labor - Plant Closings and Layoffs

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics